Interview with Billboard.com Senior Editor – Gail Mitchell + Hot New Indie Music
Getting a feature in a major publication is one of the many dreams that music artists have, and thanks to people like Gail Mitchell – Senior Editor at Billboard, this dream has become a reality for many musicians. This award-winning journalist has covered some of the industry’s most iconic artists – from Prince to Stevie Wonder, over the course of her 30+ years in the music business.
This episode, I sat down with Gail Mitchell to chat about a number of key things that many artists and aspiring journalists would like to know.
- How she became a music journalist at Billboard.
- How she determines what artists and news to write about.
- How to get your foot in the door with an iconic media source like Billboard.
- The one artist she was ecstatic to meet and speak with.
MUSIC FEATURED INCLUDES:
- Supa Soop – “Sound Like” (Hip-Hop, Rap)
- Easy Rosco – “Never Lie To You” (Rock)
- Jaylon Ashaun – “While You Wait” (R&B, Pop)
- Charley Raiff – “Tongues Out” (Pop, Jazz, Piano Rock)
- Ships Have Sailed – “Out of Time” (Folk, Singer-songwriter)
- Ramsey – “PAY” (Pop, Trip-Hop)
- 3Bubble & J Gray – “No Lie” (Hip-Hop)