The Miews Music Awards (2MAs) is all about helping today’s top independent musicians gain valuable recognition and validation from a large community of music fans and industry leaders.
When are nominees and winners announced?
2MAs Nominees will be announced on September 21, 2016.
2MAs Fan voting runs from September 27 – October 17, 2016.
2MAs Judges final voting (Top 3 vote getters per category) October 18 – November 29, 2016.
2MAs Winners will be announced Weds., Nov 30th, 2016 & awards shipped Jan 2017.
Can I submit if I’m not a U.S. citizen?
Yes. The 2MAs is open to all musicians who fit the genre categories we are awarding.
Does my submission guarantee I will win?
No! Every artist has an equal opportunity to win, no matter how many categories they submit for.
What will winners receive?
Winners will receive:
- a Miews Music Award (2MA) to display on your mantle, as well as a digital badge to display on your web profiles
- a media coverage package reaching millions via the I Am Entertainment Media network & partner websites
- airplay on The Miews podcast and opportunity to be played on partner playlists who reach millions of listeners
- opportunities to be seen and heard by record label/publishing and licensing A&R execs, booking agents, radio programmers, talent buyers, managers, and distribution execs
- inclusion on our “Best of the 2016 Miews Music Awards” compilation pack which will go out to over 100 music licensing companies
How are 2MA winners chosen?
Our esteemed judges panel will work with The Miews team to review submissions and choose 3 finalists in each category. Winners will then be chosen by music fans who will vote for their favorite artists through The Miews voting portal (measures will be taken to prevent vote tampering).
Will there be a live event for the 1st Annual 2MAs?
Like a live awards ceremony, nominees will be read and winners will have their acceptance speeches broadcast and shared with thousands of viewers via The Miews YouTube channel, our websites [iaemagazine and themiews], magazine, podcast, and social media outlets. There will be tons of media coverage for this event and its winners.
How will nominees and winners be notified?
All 2MA nominees & winners will receive notifications at the email address they provided in the initial submissions. Winners will be notified via email on November 17, 2016 and awards will be shipped on a date TBD by The Miews staff to the mailing address of each winner.
Please use the contact page on this website to let us know if your email address or mailing address has changed. Announcements will also be made on this website and via our social media profiles.
Be sure you own the rights to the music you’re submitting. It would be a shame if you received interest from a TV licensing exec as a result of taking part in the 2MAs and you can’t take advantage of the opportunity because you don’t own the music.
Sometimes artists do not fully own the music they’re promoting (i.e. mixtapes, beats purchased from beat portals, etc). If you are not sure about your ownership rights in a song, cover your backside and do a “Split Sheet” with your collaborators. [CLICK HERE to learn more about Publishing Split Sheets and download one]
Copyrights are not required in order to submit, but it’s always best to be on the safe side and have it taken care of to avoid any delays on opportunities that might arise from your involvement in the Miews Music Awards.
You Qualify If
- You are unsigned/DIY and handle your own releases.
- You are signed to an indie record label with or without major distribution.
- Your music was NOT released or owned by one of the “Big 3” major labels [Sony Music, Warner Music Group, or Universal Music Group — or any of their wholly owned subsidiaries like Atlantic, Motown, Def Jam, etc].
- Your music is/will be available to the public in digital download , streaming, or physical CD/vinyl format – whether free or for sale — on or before December 1, 2016. Albums released before December 1, 2014 do not qualify.
- Your songs are 100% original, and are not covers of a previously copyrighted song that you did not gain proper clearance for; or was released by one of the record labels listed in #3 above. “Best Youth Artist” submissions can be remakes/remixes, but must contain 100% original music production.
- “Best Music Video – Short Form: All entries must be from a song that was released between December 1, 2014 – July 15, 2016. Long form music videos are expected to be accepted in the future, but are currently not accepted.